Virtual Forest Walk
❊ Let the nature wash your worries away and clean your spirit. ❊
Especially in these days it is important that we connect to nature and to ourselves. We can slow down and find nourishment in the simplicity of being in the moment. We can:
🌳 listen to the sound of the birds,
🌳feel the breeze on the skin,
🌳 listen to the forest and to whatever it has to offer for each of us
🌳and to take time to be with our own hearts.
In Mielimaisema Walks I combine elements from nature connection exercises, forest meditation, art, traditional Finnish knowledge of nature, forest bathing (Shinrin-Yoku) and Natural Mindfulness. Walking mindfully in nature is a proven way to boost levels of health, wellbeing and happiness.
What will we do?
I will guide you in nature to reduce stress levels and give your health and wellbeing a boost.
I will share with you some simple but powerful nature connection exercises to help you develop a deeper connection with the natural world. Main purpose is to connect to nature and to ourselves. The aim is to promote harmony within the body, mind and soul. The exercises help you to build an enjoyable connection that can be full of joy. Nature accepts you as you are.
Nature art practice calms your mind, and increases your attention to detail and appreciation of beauty. The simple practice can help you to reconnect with nature, and remind you of the resilient and beautiful life that is part of our world, and part of us too.
You will enjoy nature with all your senses and find out about the healing power of walking mindfully in nature.
* I will be in nature live on my phone and will guide a walk.
* Anyone can join via phone, any age, from any part of the World.
* I will send a remote link to join the Forest Walk.
* Find a place in nature near where you are, a place that feels good to you and where you can be for 1,5 hours.
* Essentially, you will have one headphone in your ear, listening to the guiding and the other ear listening to natural soundscape and what is around you.
* Before the walk I will offer clear instructions on how to participate.
How it works best with the phone?
* Charge your phone before the walk so that you have enough battery for the whole walk.
* Make sure you have good headphones.
* Turn Down the Brightness. One of the easiest ways to prolong your battery life is to turn down the screen brightness.
* Close Your Apps.
* Reduce Push Notifications for Apps.
What to notice before the walk?
The walk, pace & route will be tailored to be suitable for the participants.
Don’t be put off by the weather. We walk in all weathers and seasons. Rainy days can be just as interesting and insightful as sunny days – as long as you are wearing appropriate clothing.
Footwear: It is advisable to bring walking boots or other sturdy footwear.
Clothing: The temperature and conditions during a walk can change quickly and so appropriate layers of clothing are recommended based on local forecasts.
Water: It is important to remain hydrated during the walk so bring some water.